Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Memorial Day & Brady staples in head







Well, Heath survived the weekend with the kids. Brooke stayed the night with my mom friday night & Brady was suppose to but wanted to come home at 11pm so my dad brought him home to Heath. They went to see Shrek 3 & to swim at Henrys house with a couple of the guys whos wives were with me in Charleston. They had such a busy day Heath said they were both asleep by 8:30 saturday night. I am so proud of him for doing so good with them all weekend. He did leave Brooke in the movies alone while he took Brady to the bathroom but that is the only concern I had. He did tell her to tell the people beside her if someone tried to mess with her??



We had a good time in Charleston just shopping, eating and laying on the beach. I forgot how nice it is to get away but I was also ready to get home to my family by saturday night.






Memorial day..... We went to Heaths grandmothers for lunch and the kids had a good time playing in the pool and on the slide with cousins. Then we left there and went to my sisters for dinner. Well, while the guys were grilling Brady found a yoga ball in the garage and brought it in the house was playing with it in the kitchen and fell back on the side of the wall and split his head open. I freaked out because blood was going everywhere. I don't handle situations the way I should in front of the kids so ofcourse poor Brooke was upset because she saw me upset and Brady screaming. My dad looked at it and said we needed to go to emergency room because he could tell it was going to need stitches or staples. Heath & I loaded him up called the dr. on call Dr. Riley and she said since it was almost 6pm to take him to e.r. because she had no staff and couldn't do it. Well, after sitting in the waiting room for 4 hours we finally got to the room and the dr. said he was going to need 3 staples and to hold him down because he was going to scream and try to get up. Well, I was so proud of him he did not even cry. I was in the hall crying before they even started and I walked back in the room and he just had this sad look on his face but he said I got 2 stickers and that was all he said. He was such a big guy. Like my dad said this is probley his first of many things to come being a typical boy but it was still pretty scary to us. He goes back in ten days to get the staples out. Hope everyone has a great week.






1 comment:

Leslie Spradley said...

Gosh, yall had an eventful weekend! Glad to hear Brady is okay!! I am sure you were going insane while all of that was happening!