Wednesday, August 6, 2008

ANOTHER UPDATE ON JACOB & JADEN

Hello Everyone!Chad and I had our second visit with Jacob and Jaden today and it was much harder to leave them today than it was on Monday, but we are thankful for the time that we were able to spend with them. We arrived at dinner time and I was able to feed Jaden her noodle casserole and mushed fruit. I was able to see a little bit of her temper for the first time as she let me know with a high pitched grunt and a reddened face that she was full! Her caregivers say that she can get quite the little attitude sometimes, but thankfully it only lasts for a few seconds. We'll just say the temper comes with the red hair! ha. Chad spent most of his time with Jacob, as Jaden is not used to men (the cottage care takers are mostly women) We also got to see him pout, poochy lip and all-it was adorable. They told him that he had to eat his vegetables in order to get dessert, so he had himself a little pouting session, which lasted for a few minutes. After dinner we spent a little over an hour in the playroom with Jacob and Jaden and the other children at the cottage. Jaden loves my cell phone and pocket book and Jacob....well, he's all boy and seems to like any type of toy you place in front of him. Although Chad and I are anxious for the children to be at home with us, they are being well taken care of. Their caregivers are wonderful loving people, which gives us peace of mind. Chad and I prayed that they were being read to, tucked in at night, etc and we found out tonight that they are-another answer to prayer. God is so good!!! We get to have them here this weekend and then they will be placed in our home on the 21st of this month, one day before Jaden's 1st birthday!! I want to thank everyone for their cards, emails, calls, etc. I'm sorry that I have not responded to everyone's voicemails-it's just easier to send out one email rather than tell the same information over and over again. And for those who have asked, we have not registered yet, but when we do, it will probably just be at Target since our "Babies R Us" is quite a long drive from here. Our church will be throwing us a shower on Sunday, September 7th so we'll register sometime between now and then. Thanks again for all of your love and support. I"ll email with another update after this weekend. Chad & Julie Teal

3 comments:

Cate, Hank, Brady & Owen said...

How exciting! I have been praying for Chad and Julie and their new family. I hope they can all be together soon!

Rachel said...

So glad all went well for Julie and Chad during the visit. I have TONS of baby girl stuff to share with Julie, so let me know sizes!!

Leslie Spradley said...

Hope this weekend went well with the kids!