Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Thanksgiving






We went to Heaths grandmothers and ate lunch on Thanksgiving & the kids got to play outside since it was so nice. Then we went to the Powers annual Christmas lighting. Both of the kids sat on Santas lap & told him what they wanted for Christmas. This was the first time Brooke has sat on his lap since she was ten months old. After that we went to my sisters and had Sonic with them & my parents. Friday morning Sherri & I left at 4:30am to go Christmas shopping. We met our husbands & kids for dinner at 6pm then went back out. I got home around 8:30pm so we had a long day of shopping but did get some good deals. The husbands did take them to the movies so the day didn't drag to bad for them. Saturday my brother & sister & their families came to watch the football game at our house then for dinner we had our families Thanksgiving meal. Sunday after church Heath took the kids to a birthday party at Bounce Around while I cleaned house. Last night we finally put our tree up & the kids had a good time decorating it. I love all the handmade ornaments & ones with pictures on them from when they were babies.

2 comments:

Leslie Spradley said...

Sounds like yall had a BUSY weekend to? Nothing like it, uh? I LOVE this time of year, even if it is soooo busy! Girl, I gave up shopping at 1:00 pm. I was so tired since the night before I only got 3 hours of sleep! I was too excited about going shopping by myself for a change!! LOL!

Margo said...

Busy busy!! Don't you just love this time of year! :-) Brooke's afraid of Santa?