Tuesday, October 16, 2007

The State Fair & Dads new ride































We took the kids to the fair saturday since Brooke said all the kids at school have been. It was hot but not really crowded like I thought it would be. The kids chose a roller coaster as the first ride. Well, I told Brady I thought it was a bad idea that it would be to fast for him and he said no it not I won't cry. Well, less then 10 seconds in to the ride he was screaming and the guy had to stop the ride. You can see him crying in the picture. It was funny because when he stopped the ride two other little boys chose to get off as well. He then decided after that he was not riding anything which Brooke said good that leaves more tickets for me. It took forever to go thru all the tickets when her rides only take 2 so I started riding some with her just to get rid of them. Brady did atleast enjoy petting a donkeys tail & peeling his corn dog just to get to the hot dog. We were there for several hours but the kids had a great time and Heath & I ate until we were miserable.

This month is pastor appreciation and the church suprised my dad with a new camry on sunday. It was needed since the truck they got him six years ago has almost 200, 000 miles on it. For those of you who pass the office on Wildwood Lane you can see it parked out there next to his secretarys white camry. He definetly deserved it. I am so proud and lucky to have a dad who truly loves the Lord with ALL his heart and serves him no matter what but yet has a sense of humor and a dorky side to him at the same time. Dad, I know you read these so I had to add the dorky part just so you don't get a big head.

3 comments:

Leslie Spradley said...

LOVE the car! And, Brady looks like Emma did when riding stuff. Trent on the other hand LOVED all the scary stuff. I am scared to ride the chair lift, but Geoff and Emma rode. I told her if she could ride that, then she could at least ride the dragon coaster! HA!

Rachel said...

What a great thing for the church to do for your dad! I love the color! See you Friday--what is your costume?lol!

Margo said...

A new car!! Good for your dad. I'm sure he deserved it. :-)

The fair is going to be here in 5 days. I. can't. WAIT!!!